LAURA HAFERTEPEN, D.O.
Breast Surgical Oncologist, Board of Directors - Vice President
MEET Dr. Hafertepen
Dr. Laura Hafertepen was born and raised in Southern California. She graduated from the University of California, San Diego with cum laude honors then attended medical school at Western University College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific near her family in the Los Angeles area. Dr. Hafertepen completed general surgery internship and residency at the University of California San Francisco (UCSF) Fresno program. During residency, she found that her passion was treating diseases of the breast and completed a Surgical Society of Oncology breast surgery fellowship in Columbus, Ohio.
Dr. Hafertepen is board certified by the American Board of Surgery and practices breast surgery. Her special interests include prevention and treatment of hereditary breast cancer, nipple sparing mastectomy, oncoplastic and minimally invasive breast surgery.
Dr. Hafertepen enjoys spending time with her husband, Stephen, a Colorado native who practices trauma surgery in the Denver metro area. Outside of work, they enjoy traveling with their sons, cooking, skiing, hiking, camping, and just about anything outdoors.
- Grant Medical Center – OhioHealth, Breast Surgery Fellowship
- University of California San Francisco – Fresno, General Surgery Residency
- University of California San Francisco – Fresno, General Surgery Internship
- WesternU College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific, Medical School
- University of California San Diego, BS with Cum Laude Honors
- American Board of Surgery
- American Society of Breast Surgeons
- Society of Surgical Oncology
- American College of Surgeons
- Sigma Sigma Phi Osteopathic Medicine Service Honor Society
- Breast Surgical Oncology