NEL GERIG, M.D.
Urology, Pelvic Pain RETIRED
MEET Dr. Gerig
Dr. Nel E. Gerig is a Diplomate of the American Board of Urology. She graduated from the UCLA School of Medicine and completed a residency in Urological Surgery at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center in Denver, Colorado. She has since been in the private practice of urology in the Denver area. Dr. Gerig’s passion is the treatment of pelvic pain disorders, including interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome, pelvic floor dysfunction, pudendal neuralgia, chronic prostatitis, dyspareunia, vulvodynia, vulvar vestibulitis, endometriosis, sacroiliac dysfunction,and other manifestations of the pelvic and low back pain syndrome.
Her approach is interdisciplinary, involving physical therapists and many other medical specialists in the care of those suffering from various aspects of the pelvic pain syndrome. Dr. Gerig is the founder and medical director of the Pelvic Solutions Network, a group of providers working together to help those with pelvic pain.
She lives in Arvada, Colorado, with her family and their Australian Shepherd, where her interests are gardening, skiing, and helping with homework.
Dr. Gerig has retired from practice and is no longer seeing patients at this time.
Dr. Gerig is the former president of SurgOne, P.C..
- Olivet University, BSN, Magna Cum Laude, 1977
- California State University, Pre-Medical, 1986
- UCLA School of Medicine, M.D., 1991
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, General Surgery Internship and Residency, 1993
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Urology Residency, 1997
- American Board of Urology, 2000
- American Board of Urology, Recertification, 2008
- Rocky Mountain Urological Society, 1997 – present
- Board of Directors Member-at-Large 2005-2007
- Board of Directors Secretary – Treasurer 2007-2009
- Board of Directors Vice President 2009-2010
- Board of Directors President 2011 – present
- Rocky Mountain Kidney Stone Center Board of Directors 2007 – present
- American Urological Association, 1995 – present
- American Urological Association, South Central Section, 1996 – present
- Society of Women in Urology, 1995 – present
- American Association of Clinical Urologists, 1996 – present
- Colorado Medical Society, 199 – present