SurgOne – Porter Adventist Hospital Campus
Denver Esophageal & Stomach Center
2535 S Downing St
Denver, CO 80210
AHMED ZIHNI, M.D.
Esophageal & General Surgery
MEET Dr. ZIHNI
Dr. Zihni is a foregut surgeon who joined SurgOne and the Denver Esophageal and Stomach Center in October, 2018. Dr. Zihni has particular interest in esophageal and stomach surgery including anti-reflux surgery, surgery for achalasia, gastric or esophageal cancer, and gastroparesis. He is trained in minimally invasive surgery, and can perform most procedures laparoscopically or endoscopically. Dr Zihni has published extensively on outcomes of minimally invasive surgery, as well as the ergonomics of surgical platforms and educational strategies in surgery.
Dr. Zihni was born and raised in Queens, New York. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from Stony Brook University with a degree in biochemistry and completed his medical degree at SUNY Downstate Medical Center. As a medical student, Dr. Zihni completed an additional year of research as a Doris Duke Fellow at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, where he studied burn immunology. Dr. Zihni completed A general surgery residency at Washington University in St Louis, where he spent an additional two years of research studying ergonomics of surgical platform, robotic surgical education, and outcomes of foregut surgery. Dr. Zihni went on to complete a fellowship in foregut surgery at The Oregon Clinic in Portland, Oregon before joining Dr. Kurian, another Oregon Clinic graduate, in private practice. In his free time, Dr. Zihni loves reading, playing video games, exploring Colorado and traveling to other destinations, and spending time with his family.
- The Oregon Clinic, Portland, OR – Foregut Surgery Fellowship
- Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, MO – General Surgery Residency
- SUNY Downstate College of Medicine, Brooklyn, NY – Doctor of Medicine
- SUNY Downstate College of Medicine, Brooklyn, NY – Masters of Public Health (Distinction)
- SUNY Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY – Bachelor of Science (Summa Cum Laude, with Honors)
- Foregut Surgery
- General Surgery by the American College of Surgeons
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- American Foregut Society (AFS)
- American College of Surgeons (ACS)