SurgOne – Porter Adventist Hospital Campus
Denver Esophageal & Stomach Center
2535 S Downing St
Denver, CO 80210
ASHWIN KURIAN, M.D.
Esophageal and General Surgery, Board of Directors - Vice President
MEET Dr. KURIAN
Dr. Kurian joined SurgOne in 2013 and specializes in minimally invasive gastrointestinal and hernia surgery. He has a special interest in disorders of the esophagus and stomach. He is the founder of Denver Esophageal and Stomach Center. He uses both flexible endoscopy (flexible camera throught the mouth) and laparoscopy (camera through small incisions on the abdomen) in the management of these diseases.
Dr. Kurian completed his medical schooling in Bangalore Medical College, India in 2001. After this he completed a general surgery residency in the United Kingdom, where he is a Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
He moved to Philadelphia, USA to continue his general surgery training in Abington Memorial Hospital. He graduated from his training program in 2011. He has completed a fellowship in minimally invasive surgery of the esophagus and stomach and advanced flexible endoscopy/p>
He is interested in the incisionless endoscopic management of surgical disorders. His research interests are in benign esophageal motility disorders, gastroesophageal reflux and esophageal cancer. He has written extensively on POEM, which is a new incisionless surgical endoscopic procedure for patients with swallowing problems and gastroesophageal reflux disease. He is also involved in research directed towards improvements in surgical education of minimally invasive and endoscopic surgery.
- Providence Portland Medical Center – Advanced GI Endoscopy Fellowship Providence Portland Medical Center – Forgut Surgery – Fellowship
- Abington Memorial Hospital, Abington, PA – General Surgery – Residency
- Royal Lancaster Infirmary, Lancaster UK – General Surgery Residency
- Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore, India (MBBS)
- American Board of Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Society of Surgeons of the Alimentary Tract
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy