CRAIG BROWN, M.D.
Colon & Rectal
MEET Dr. Brown
Dr. Brown is a Denver native and graduated from Thomas Jefferson High School. He attended the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington for his undergraduate degree and the University of Colorado for medical school. Dr. Brown did his General Surgery Residency at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque. He completed Colon and Rectal Surgery Fellowship at Creighton University in Omaha.
Dr. Brown has been specializing in Colon and Rectal Surgery since 2002. He treats colon and rectal cancer, diverticulitis, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn’s disease. He performs colonoscopy and manages all aspects of anal disease such as hemorrhoids, fissures, fistulas, and fecal incontinence. Dr. Brown was named one of Denver’s “Top Doctors” by 5280 Magazine in 2006.
Dr. Brown enjoys golf, skiing, general fitness, martial arts, and spending time with his wife Kim and two sons, Dylan and Carson.
- University of Puget Sound, B.S., 1991
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, M.D., 1996
- University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, General Surgery Internship and Residency, 2001
- Creighton University, Colon and Rectal Surgery Fellowship, 2002
- Fellow, American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Member, Southwest Surgical Congress
- Member, Midwest Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Member, Colorado Medical Society
- Member, Denver Medical Society
- Vice Chairman, Department of Surgery, Presbyterian/St. Lukes Medical Center