SurgOne – Porter Adventist Hospital Campus
2535 S Downing St Suite 400
Denver, CO 80210
DAVID BAER, M.D., F.A.C.S.
General, Trauma, Board of Directors - Secretary
MEET Dr. Baer
Dr. David Baer received his M.D. from the University of Colorado Health Science Center, with Honors. He went on to complete his residency at The University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics in Madison. While completing this five year program, he was a Flight Physician for MedFlight, a helicopter rescue/transport service. Following his residency, he completed a fellowship in Gloucester, England at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital.
Dr. David Baer is Board Certified in General Surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. His practice covers the broad spectrum of General Surgery with an emphasis in Minimally Invasive Surgery including Advanced Laparoscopy and daVinci Platform procedures. He has a special interest in Endocrine Surgery including thyroid and parathyroid procedures. He is trained in numerous daVinci procedures including cholecystectomy, Inguinal and Ventral Hernia Repair, Colon and Small Bowel Surgery. Dr. Baer is the Chairman of the Department of Surgery and past President of the Medical Staff at Porter Hospital. He has been honored as Physician of the Year by Porter Hospital and its medical staff. Dr. Baer is also the Section Chief of General Surgery at Swedish Hospital.
Dr. David Baer is a native Coloradan and a graduate of Cherry Creek High School. He went on to attend Harvard University and received his Bachelor of Arts in Biology, with Honors. While at Harvard, he was awarded the Harvard Scholarship for three consecutive years while maintaining a part time job and competing as a four year Varsity athlete. Dr. Baer is married, has two beautiful daughters and enjoys all outdoor activities with his wife, especially biking, hiking and snowshoeing. As a hobby, Dr. Baer collects Ancient Roman Coins and U.S. Postage Stamps.
- Harvard University, Biology, Cum Laude, 1982
- University of Colorado Health Science Center, M.D., Honors, 1986
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, General Surgery Internship and Residency, 1991
- Gloucestershire Royal Hospital, Gloucester, England, Fellowship, 1991-1992
- American Board of Surgery, 1993
- American Board of Surgery, Recertification, 2003
- Member, Southwestern Surgical Congress
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, Colorado Medical Society
- Member, Arapahoe-Elbert-Douglas Medical Society
- Member, Denver Academy of Surgery
- Member, Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (S.A.G.E.S.)
- Member, Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- Member, American Hernia Society