SurgOne – Skyridge Medical Center Campus
10103 Ridgegate Pkwy
Lone Tree, CO 80124
DOUGLAS BENSON, M.D.
Colon & Rectal
MEET Dr. Benson
Dr. Benson is a native of Minnesota. He received his undergraduate degree from Macalester College and is a graduate of the University of Minnesota Medical School. He completed his general surgery residency at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, where he performed research investigating the effects of blood transfusion on cancer outcomes. He completed fellowship training in colon and rectal surgery in 2014 at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio.
Dr. Benson’s clinical interests are minimally invasive colorectal surgery, robotic colorectal surgery, cancer of the rectum, colon, and anus, including familial and inherited colorectal cancer, surgical treatment of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), pelvic pouch procedures for IBD, diverticulitis, transanal endoscopic microsurgery, colonoscopy, benign anorectal disorders, reoperative abdominal and pelvic surgery, and bowel incontinence.
- Macalester College, B.A., 2002
- University of Minnesota Medical School-Twin Cities, M.D., 2006
- University of Colorado Hospital, General Surgery Internship, 2007
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, General Surgery Residency, 2007- 2013
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Colon and Rectal Fellowship, 2014
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Colon Rectal Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Surgical Society of the Alimentary Tract
- Academic Surgical Association