SurgOne – Presbyterian St Luke’s Hospital Campus
1825 Marion St
Denver, CO 80218
SHAWN YOUNG, M.D.
MEET Dr. Young
Dr. Young relocated to Denver in 2005 after completing a two-year surgical oncology fellowship at the John Wayne Cancer Institute in Santa Monica, California. His prior education and training was via general surgery residency at Michigan State University/Grand Rapids, a medical degree at the University of North Dakota, and an undergraduate BA at Concordia College in Moorehead, Minnesota.
Dr. Young’s interests include all areas of surgical oncology with emphasis on esophageal, hepatobiliary, gastro-intestinal, melanoma, and sarcomatous disease. He has written, published,
and presented nationally and internationally on the surgical treatment of various oncologic diseases. He has conducted basic science research in the field of oncology. He is a member of the American College of Surgeons (ACS), the Society of Surgical Oncology (SSO), the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), and the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR).
- Concordia College, B.A.
- University of North Dakota School of Medicine, M.D.
- Michigan State University, General Surgery Internship and Residency
- John Wayne Cancer Institute, Surgical Oncology Fellowship
- American Board of Surgery, 2004
- Member, American College of Surgeons
- Member, Society of Surgical Oncology
- Member, American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Member, American Association for Cancer Research